- Invited speaker in the “China and Russia in the Arctic “ session of the Arctic Spring College, 2021
- Invited speaker in A Changing World— China as a driver: Opportunities and Challenges panel, Kirkenes Conference, Kirkenes, Norway, 2020
- Invited speaker at the Launch of Arctic Policies and Strategies Scientific Report seminar, The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Helsinki, Finland, 2020
- Invited presentation “Sino-Finnish relations in the Arctic context” at the Strategic triangle in the Arctic: Implications for Nordic and North East Asian states, a webinar organized by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, 2020
- Invited presentation “China, Great Power Climate responsibility and the Arctic Region” at the Nordic Countries and International Relations workshop, Taipei, Taiwan, 2019
- Invited presentation “Chinese policy and presence in the Arctic” at the Arctic in Asia and Asia in the Arctic: Opportunities and Challenges workshop, Kirkenes, Norway, 2019
- Invited speaker in The Climate Decision-Making – Why Is It So Difficult panel in the Arctic Spirit Conference, Rovaniemi, Finland, 2019
- Invited presentation “China, Climate Responsibility and Great Power Responsibility” at the Shanghai Forum, Shanghai, China, 2018
- "Power Transition and the Arctic International Society." The International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention. 6-9.4.2021. Las Vegas/online.
- "China as a Transitioning Power: The Case of the Arctic." The British International Studies Association (BISA) Annual Conference. 12.-14.6.2019. London.
- "Great power climate leadership." The International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention. 27.-30.3.2019. Toronto, Canada.
- “Climate Responsibility under the Belt and Road Initiative.” The Chinese way, the New Normal? symposium. 17.–18.12.2018. Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- “China and Arctic Futures.” (with Liisa Kauppila) The 6th Arctic Circle Assembly. 19. –21.10.2018, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- "Towards growing interdependence, disintegration or a new kind of hegemony? Case China and Arctic futures." (with Liisa Kauppila) The 22nd biennial conference of the European Association for Chinese Studies. 29.8–1.9.2018, Glasgow.
- “China, fundamental responsibility and Arctic regionalization.”(with Liisa Kauppila) The International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention. 4.–7.2018, San Francisco.
- “China, climate change and international security: changing attributes of great power responsibility.” The 5th Arctic Circle Assembly. 12.–15.10.2017, Reykjavik.
- “China and responsible citizenship in the Arctic.” (with Liisa Kauppila) The 9th International Congress of Arctic Social Sciences. 8.–12.6.2017, Umeå, Sweden.
- “Cosmopolitan Climate Responsibility.” The 13th Nordic Environmental Social Science Conference. 6.–8.6.2017, Tampere, Finland.
- “China and international norm of climate responsibility: Agency and Institutional Change.” The International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention. 22.–25.2.2017, Baltimore.
- “International Practice of Climate Responsibility.” The ECPR Joint Sessions workshop on Responsibility in World Politics: Moral Agency and Normativity. 24.–28.4.2016, Pisa.
- “Climate Change Responsibility with the Chinese Characteristics.” 12th biennial Conference of the Nordic Association for China Studies. 9.–12.6.2015, Uppsala.
- “Rise of China and a clash of discourses on China’s role in international climate politics.” 4th Global International Studies Conference 2014. 6.–9.8.2014, Frankfurt.
- “Rise of China and contesting discourses on China’s role in international climate politics.” 11th biennial Conference of the Nordic Association for China Studies. 11.–14.6.2013, Turku.
- “China's rise to great power status and international negotiations on climate.” The Association of American Geographers' (AAG) Annual Meeting. 9.–13.4.2013, Los Angeles.
- “The Rise of China and the Arctic.” The International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention.3.–6.4.2013, San Francisco.
- “China’s climate change discourse from the perspective of the English School of International Relations.” The Workshop of the Graduate School of Global Politics. Joint Event by the Center for Global Politics, Free University Berlin and the School of International Studies, Renmin University of China. 5–6.3.2012, Beijing.
- “A responsible Developing Country: The People’s Republic of China and International Negotiations on Climate.” The Dragon and the Bear: Strategic Choices of China and Russia. 9.–11.11.2011, Helsinki.
- “A Responsible Developing Country: The People’s Republic of China’s Climate Change Foreign Policy and National Image Building.” Symposium on China' Appeal and its Discontents 20.–23.6.2011, Hong Kong.